suber antique gold - size 8
Please check our Size Guide before ordering.
This pair has surface-level splits in the toe area on both shoes, they have been coloured over in gold. Please see the images with the green background in the listing.
The next step in climate-conscious footwear
- Upper: upcycled pineapples leaves
- Insole: upcycled coconut husks and harvested cork
- Sole: natural rubber
- Laces: undyed organic cotton
- Hand-crafted in Portugal
- One-tonne of carbon offset for each pair sold
- Compostable packaging
- Carbon-neutral worldwide shipping
Unisex, timeless, and created from plant-based materials, our Suber sneaker is designed to be better for your feet and better for the planet.
Upcycled waste materials that would have otherwise been discarded or burnt are used in our shoes so they require less water, land and fertiliser to create. Using these materials also creates extra yield for farming communities.
Cork sustainably harvested from cork oak trees is used in our footbeds, and natural rubber is tapped from the Hevea Brasiliensis tree for our soles. We use materials from trees due to their capacity to absorb carbon.
For each pair sold we offset one tonne of carbon using gold-standard climate offsetting schemes, taking us beyond net-zero.
- Upper; made from 68 discarded pineapple leaves, Pinatex is a durable, water-resistant material
- Footbed; using the natural lightweight and temperature regulation properties of cork and coconut fibres, our footbeds give long-lasting support, cushioning and breathability
- Internal Reinforcements; made using compressed coconut fibres instead of synthetic foams and thermoplastics
- Laces; undyed organic cotton with vegetable cellulose tips
- Sole; 86% natural rubber, hardwearing and reducing the impact of shedding microplastics
- Handmade in Portugal
- One tonne of carbon offset per pair sold
- Sent in compostable packaging via carbon-neutral delivery service
|EU Mens / Womens||UK Mens||UK Womens||US/Can Mens||
|Aus Mens||Aus Womens||Foot heel-toe|
If you are between sizes we suggest you select the size down.
how to measure your feet
The aim is to measure the longest distance from the back of your heel to the tip of your longest toe. There are several ways, to do it, but here is our recommendation :
step one : Put a piece of paper against the wall.
step two : Stand on it with your heel against the wall. Mark on the paper where your longest toe reaches to.
step three : Measure the distance your toe was from the edge that was against the wall.
The Pinatex material has a unique and very natural appearance that will develop over time and will benefit from some care.
If dirty, your shoe can be cleaned with a damp cloth or one soaked in warm soapy water. A light rinsing can be suitable if your shoe is particularly dirty, but avoid submerging it. Always dry your shoes at room temperature to avoid damage.
We highly recommend treating your shoes with a natural colourless wax or dubbin to protect and enhance the material, this can also be re-applied after cleaning once the shoe is completely dry. We like this dubbin in particular. Apply a small amount to a dry, soft cloth and rub sparingly in a circular motion until fully absorbed. Do not use too much as it may not fully absorb. Leave your shoes to dry for 24 hours and then buff the wax with a soft cloth or brush.
natural rubber soles
To maintain the colour of the soles we suggest regularly cleaning them with warm soapy water.
Our shoes are made to order to ensure as little waste as possible. Once our pre-order window closes we place a total order with our factory. To improve efficiency with production, there may be times when we order a limited amount of extra stock which is available for order on our website.
We ship worldwide using a carbon-neutral trackable courier service, using fully compostable packaging.
UK - £4
Europe - £8
Rest Of World - £12
customs, clearance & duties fees
As a small business we are unable to cover the cost of any customs, clearance or duties fees and so these must be paid for by the customer.